Introduction

 ¡Hola amigos!

Last year I cycled the first one thousand miles of the Trans-Mexico Bikepacking Route (Norte) featured on Bikepacking.com and contributed by Mark Watson and Hana Black. Because of complications with American Airlines and not having allotted myself enough time, I didn't finish the route. I made it as far as Volcan Toluca, outside of Mexico City, and then I bused it to Oaxaca. 

Last spring I cycled the central part of the Southern Tier, and this summer I rode the Great Divide Mountain Biking Route on my new Salsa Fargo. I've been training here in Brooklyn regularly with the Century Plus Crew.

I'll be flying to Mexico City where I'll enjoy the last two days of 2022. After a special New Year's Ciclovía I'll ride back to the route on January 2. From there it will be rugged indigenous mountain country all the way to Oaxaca. My friends Alex and Marina, who cycled the entire route last year, described this section as being the most difficult part of the route. 

I created both imperial and metric itineraries, and the blog stats will be in metric. Altitude and temperature descriptions will be in imperial. After another hectic fall semester I'm looking forward to being OUTCHEA in my favorite country!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Table of Contents

Trans-Mexico Part 2 Day #10 Santa Maria Tatltepec to San Antonio Huitepec

Trans-Mexico Part 2 Day #9 Los Tejocotes to Santa Maria Tatltepec